The Bell Family

The Bell Family

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Death-Sadness or Happiness

One of my co-workers' mother-in-law recently went to the ER on a Friday.  We prayed vigilantly for her speedy recovery.  She had baked a pie with one of her granddaughters that morning but suddenly went numb from her waist down.  The doctors assured the family that it was blood clots in her abdomen and legs and they tried to get rid of them through various procedures.  We continued to get text updates but it seemed as one medical problem was taken care of there was a crises taking place somewhere else in her body.  On Tuesday we got the text saying Ms. Pat was going to meet Jesus but to remember the family.  The family was in shock and we were in shock, as well.

I listened to people talk about Ms. Pat and all the things she had done through the years.  She was famous for baking something for someone, dropping it off with a note of enCOURAGEment (apparently Ms. Pat was also famous for capitalizing parts of words to get her point across) and praying.  The stories were endless.  She had done so many good things for people and now she had been taken.  Sad?  Sure.  Happy?  Extremely.  She had done what we here on earth couldn't---She was in the presence of our God and Saviour. 

Her funeral was one of wonderful stories and many tears.  I sat with my co-workers and cried, wondering why this funeral seemed so hard.  They did sing the Untitled Hymn, which we had played a video of Taylor dancing to at my Mamaw's funeral.  This brought on the tears, thinking of Taylor dancing to the beautiful arrangement.  But I barely knew this woman.  What was so moving?

Our life here is so fleeting.  We must make hay while the sun shines-with our spouses, children, co-workers, parents.  We all hear of the worst of the people around us.  Let me tell you, this women was a wonderful Christian lady who wore her love for Christ on her shoulders and in her heart and she was not ashamed about it. 

I want to be a better person.  With time so short with my kids and parents, I want to be the strong Christian mom and daughter and wife that I should be....and it's darn hard!  Sometimes, like today, I just want to cry out to God, "Why am I here?  What should I be doing?  What's my earthly mission?"  But then I think of Job.  The man who was robbed of everything and still praised God.  That is what I want to do.  I want to "in all things, give praise." 

Pray for me as I continue this journey of just not knowing.  We all have a purpose and this week mine has wavered just a bit.  I am looking for the silver lining of this dark cloud....I know one is there. 

Blessings to you this week!

Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment