The Bell Family

The Bell Family

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I Just Don't Get It

People annoy me!

That's right.  People annoy me.  They seem to have no moral fiber.  We are told to love the unloved, feed the hungry, pray for the sick, etc.  But people annoy me.  They want me to give and give while they take and take and then ask for more.

I had a friend (you'll notice the HAD) who I thought was a friend.  We spent hours together.  We solved the world's problems, shared our own problems, went to church, laughed and cried together, drank coffee together and did all the things friends do until...

I'm not sure what happened.  One day we weren't friends anymore.  And I mean it happened in one day.  I was angry.  I was just plain ole mad.  I was hurt.  And I just didn't understand until...

I started to reflect on our friendship of 5 years.  I was always the one who she called when she didn't have any money and needed something.  I was the one she called when she needed to run an errand and didn't have gas.  I was the one she called when she was sitting in the floor and really wanted her house clean, but couldn't because of something.  I was the one she called when noone else would answer-you're getting the picture, right?  Then I really got mad!

Looking back, things weren't always that great.  I did notice that while she wanted me to be "her friend" she had lots of others who were just like her.  I was the odd one out.  I didn't live the lifestyle she did...nothing off the wall, just not always a Christian way.  I tried--that's what we Christians do.  I would text every once in a while and get no response and then I would call and leave these cute messages with no response.  I did this until...

I gave up.  No more for me...I'm done. 

In Proverbs it teaches us about a fool and a wise man.  I want to be the wise one.  But I'm done.  I don't wish bad will for her.  I don't have any feelings for her anymore.  I just want to learn from this and move on. 

What I learned:

God knows what we need and when we need it.
I am not a doormat and nobody will wipe their feet on me.
When God takes someone from you He gives you someone else.
Sometimes you just have to call it quits.

I know I'm not the only one that this has happened to and I know we all deal with things differently.  I pray for her and her family.  I pray for myself that whatever happened I will learn from it and I pray for others who have lost friends for whatever reason. 

Learn, live and pray.  Life is too short to be stuck in a going nowhere friendship.  After all, if you aren't going forward, you're moving backward.

Have a great day!  Hug your kids and your husbands...they love you!

Christi 

No comments:

Post a Comment